Our Medical Social Worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services.
- Assess patients’ and families’ psychosocial, environmental, and financial needs.
- Formulate, implement, and evaluates a plan of care in collaboration with patient, family, and other caregivers, and provides case management as appropriate.
- Assist the team in understanding the social and emotional factors related to the patients’ health problems.
- Monitor, observe, and evaluate changes and progress in patient’s condition and environment. Reporting changes, progress, or lack of progress to physician and/or nurse case manager.
- Acts as key source in patient situations such as: assisting the patient and caregiver in how to identify personal and environmental problems that predispose the patient to illness or a hinderence to the healing process.
- Ineffective patient/family coping and decision making advance directives long term or assisted living placement substance abuse abuse/neglect and/or bereavement.