Anchor HomeCare (previously A&A HomeCare, Inc.) was founded in August, 2003 with initial licensure from the Agency for Health Care Administration, granted in September, 2003 with Medicare Certification obtained in October, 2003.
Anchor HomeCare is privately owned and operated by a lifelong resident of Gulf County, Amy Miller. She is a 1993 high honor graduate of Port St. Joe High School and graduated from the RN program of Gulf Coast Community College in May, 1997.
Our Lead Therapist is Kay Geoghagan.
- Came from the Mobile area as a graduate of the University of South Alabama
- Initial experience was in acute care and outpatient rehab.
- Moved to the Panhandle in 1989 with her husband Dennis and 3 small daughters who were raised and educated here.
- Has over 30 years experience as a P.T., with the last 23 years in home care
- Continuing education has focused on Geriatrics, Orthopedics, and the Rehabilitation of Common Medical Pathologies such as CHF, COPD, and complications of Diabetes.
- She believes strongly in treating the “whole patient” with family involvement to achieve their maximum functional capacity in the home and community.
Since Anchor HomeCare is locally owned and operated, we are able to personalize our patients’ care to meet health needs on an individual basis. Nurses, Therapists, and Aides live, pay taxes, attend church, and have children who attend school locally here in Gulf County. We consider caring for our patients as caring for our neighbors!